Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hello all,

Apologies in advance if this topic has been covered before; I completed a quick search and couldn't find anything, so I thought I might as well just post it and see what comes back.

And yes, yes - I am new here and looking forward to contributing as much as I can.

As the title suggests, I would like to quickly address the speculation about the Sphinx and its alleged identity prior to its current form.
I've seen a fair amount of people saying that the Sphinx could've actually originally been a Jackal (in reference to Anubis) and others who say that the Sphinx previously had the head of a Lion to go with its body.

I think I may be able to put forward some evidence (again, sorry if this has been covered before) to solidify the argument that the Sphinx was originally a Lion (if the choice is between a Lion and a Jackal) and it is quite simple.

Lets look at the paws of the Sphinx, namely, the front paws and ask that you count the 'toes' on each Paw. There are 5 on each paw, right? There are the 4 main toes on the front of the paw and a smaller toe on the inside of each paw - exactly like a cat or Lion.

A Jackal is a member of the dog family and thus has only 4 toes on each front paw...Lions, a member of the Feline family, have 5 toes on each front paw. Therefore, it cannot be a Jackal or Anubis.

Please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, missing something or took a wrong turn at the last rabbit hole.

Regards,

Adam

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 505 Buchem 08-Jun-18 00:47
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 155 Thanos5150 08-Jun-18 03:18
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 149 Buchem 08-Jun-18 03:46
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 118 Thanos5150 08-Jun-18 04:07
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 112 Buchem 08-Jun-18 05:09
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 82 trace1 10-Jun-18 12:14
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 94 Buchem 14-Jun-18 23:15
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 106 eyeofhorus33 10-Jun-18 17:17
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 107 Buchem 11-Jun-18 01:22
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 84 eyeofhorus33 12-Jun-18 19:59
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 56 Buchem 14-Jun-18 23:07
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 49 Buchem 14-Jun-18 23:08
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 79 trace1 13-Jun-18 11:10
Re: The Sphinx - Lion or Jackal? 57 Buchem 14-Jun-18 23:09

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.