How do we know when the Pits were constructed relative to the construction of the pyramid, MT, or death of the king?
A conventional timeline ATA is:
1. Causeway to allow for transport of building materials begun on 2543 BC on the accession of Khufu to the kingship.
2. Pyramid including the discrepancy of Khufu reign of 30 years (Herodotus) vs 23 years (Academia).
3. Death of Hetepheres ATA in 2551 BC.
4. Mortuary Temple on completion of pyramid.
5. Satellite G1a which does not respect MT.
7. Death of Khufu in 2566 BC ATA.
8. Excavation of Boat Pits for funerary purposes which requires digging up and damaging the Pavement and the Causeway.
If the Causeway was not used as a construction ramp but served a different purpose altogether then the conventional timeline does not fit and the questionable building events take on a different aspect.
2. Death of a King
3. Boat Pits
Destruction of Above
7. Death of Hetepheres
9. Death of Khufu
Bearing in mind that the connection of Djedefre to Khufu is through the boat pit on the southern side of the pyramid and that no boats were found in the pits on the eastern side.