Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Regardless, you quote Herodotus claiming the causeway was 60ft wide yet once again ignore the archeology which Hassan says: "The upper, or western end of the causeway, from the edge of the plateau to where it passes the solar-boat, is clearly defined in its rock foundations, and a few blocks from the lower part of the southern wall still remain in place. Its total width at this part is about 9 m. The walls and passage all having nearly the same width."

I'm not ignoring anything.

I'm taking things one step at a time.

Am well aware of Hassan's work. Either Herodotus is wrong or Hassan is wrong.

Hassan has never claimed to have uncovered the entire causeway as it was built. He is dealing with the remnants of the causeway and even says that at the subway it widens to 10.5 m. Perhaps, in the 2500 years between Herodotus and Hassan things might have changed?

Hassan predicates his findings concerning the Temple as follows:

The sketch-plan given in Fig. 10 shows in solid lines all the features of the temple that can be vouched for by the aid of the evidence of the rock foundations, and these can be seen by anyone who cares to examine the site.

In view of the extremely mutilated condition of the western part of the temple, I prefer not to hazard a guess at its appearance, but I append sketches of plans made by Lauer and Ricke both of whom are expert architects, and the reader may judge for himself if the existing remains justify their imaginary reconstructions. I may mention here that it is extremely risky to hazard a guess at any part of the plan of the Temple of Khufu, as it is obvious that it does not resemble either the earlier or later temples of its kind.

PWH

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 668 Barbelo 04-Jun-18 04:47
Khufu Facts and Figures 171 Barbelo 04-Jun-18 21:10
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 154 Thanos5150 05-Jun-18 05:12
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 126 Barbelo 05-Jun-18 11:34
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 135 Manu 05-Jun-18 14:48
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 120 Barbelo 05-Jun-18 21:10
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 102 Manu 05-Jun-18 21:42
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 120 Barbelo 05-Jun-18 22:28
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 102 Origyptian 05-Jun-18 20:34
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 131 Origyptian 05-Jun-18 21:04
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 90 Barbelo 05-Jun-18 21:52
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 109 Origyptian 07-Jun-18 11:18
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 86 Barbelo 07-Jun-18 20:56
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 83 Origyptian 07-Jun-18 22:41
Re: Khufu Pyramid Building Plan Challenge 153 Barbelo 07-Jun-18 23:18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.