Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
As the pyramid has hints of precision, like many other pyramids, that are beyond the level of technology of the 5th dynasty as dated by mainstream Egyptology, to me it begs the question of whether that plaster surface was an addition to an older pyramid construction and therefore all the hieroglyphs would be contemporary to the present mainstream dating of this pyramid, but in error. So with regards to the sarcophagus, I would suspect it was an original piece in the pyramid, placed during construction from a far older period.

But aside from that, with respect to the sarcophagus, from my observation, it appears the gouge marks that are within the inner sarcophagus, beneath what may have been an inner lid, all appear to have a similar depth. What this suggests to me is potentially an indication of roughly the depth of that inner lid. If they are digging down at that angle, which creates that crescent shape gouge around the perimeter, the angle would be to afford a lever point to pry up the lid and the depth would be the minimum necessary depth to push the pry bar deep enough to just get beneath the lid edge. So that could indicate roughly the inner lid's depth.

I suppose if we had reasonable data to comprehend the potential strength of a copper rod that they could produce, (if copper was the only metal they had the ability to produce in the 5th dynasty), then it might be possible to calculate the diameter of copper of that time necessary to lift, (without deformation), a stone lid who's weight would be a density volume calculation based on the dimensions of the ridge depression, and a variable depth that would interact with the potential diameter of that rod as a maximization/minimization formula. In other words, if you could solve for the rod diameter, you could then presume the depth of the inner lid being just below the point that that rod could push through those crescent shaped dig outs around the perimeter.

But why would they need that rounded depression when the square inset flange would be sufficient to hold that inner lid in place? I have to agree with who ever suggested the gasket idea. It wouldn't be necessary for alignment of the lid as the flange would do that job, so it must have some value as a volume of space necessary for potentially the longevity of material integrity of some gasket material, as it would make sense that as a gasket, its density would be lower, and therefore its reasonable to presume that particular material would have the shortest life span. In other words, without that half circle depression, a gasket material would only be a thin sheet of that material and with less volume it would potentially degrade in less time. But with that thicker area in the depression, the gasket material might have a longer life span before its weakest area were to disintegrate completely in the volume of that space.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14-May-18 17:34 by Open mind.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 525 DUNE 13-May-18 18:37
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 130 Jon Ellison 13-May-18 19:27
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 135 DUNE 13-May-18 20:17
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 130 Jon Ellison 14-May-18 10:01
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 134 DUNE 14-May-18 11:33
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 122 Jon Ellison 14-May-18 12:09
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 116 DUNE 14-May-18 12:17
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 120 Jon Ellison 14-May-18 13:04
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 116 DUNE 14-May-18 14:51
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 123 Open mind 14-May-18 17:27
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 207 Jon Ellison 14-May-18 18:03

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.