Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Jon Ellison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DUNE Wrote:
>
> > Yes fantastic work for copper tools, they said
> > they think that rebate was for a secondary
> > internal lid , was that their speculation , or
> is
> > that a known ?
>
> Yes I get that but I was referring to the shallow
> groove, about 10mm deep, cut around the perimeter
> of the box lid mating surfaces. Are there any
> still images of this groove?
>
> It starts at the 3.50 mark.. The guy runs his
> finger along it.

Hi Jon,
Yes that extra lower cut recess, well i can only assume the internal lid would have had an opposite protrusion to marry up with that lower recess, maybe it offered further security against lifting it.

That internal lid could not have been that thick, so would not have withstood much force from a blow directly above , assuming this internal lid was also made of Basalt, being so brittle , but then if one was looking at it for the first time then you would not know how thick the internal lid was being it was flush with the outer box, hence the attempts to prise it open from the sides.

Also, clearly the box was sealed as we can see by the damage done to it by those breaking into it, then what was in the box when it was sealed, as far as i know no reports of bones or anything else have been found inside it, was it sealed empty ?

DPP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14-May-18 11:41 by DUNE.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 527 DUNE 13-May-18 18:37
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 130 Jon Ellison 13-May-18 19:27
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 139 DUNE 13-May-18 20:17
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 131 Jon Ellison 14-May-18 10:01
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 139 DUNE 14-May-18 11:33
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 123 Jon Ellison 14-May-18 12:09
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 117 DUNE 14-May-18 12:17
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 120 Jon Ellison 14-May-18 13:04
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 116 DUNE 14-May-18 14:51
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 126 Open mind 14-May-18 17:27
Re: The Sarcophagus of Unas, was it originally his ? 209 Jon Ellison 14-May-18 18:03

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.