Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
DavidK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jacob
>
> I hear what you say. At SH the starting point is a
> line on measure 1 then x 10/9 to give the quarter
> circle then x 4 to give the circle no pi or
> knowledge of Pi required. The circle then turns
> back to the square and each side is doubled to
> give 8.888r perimeter then back to the circle x
> 1.111r or 10/9 = 9.87654321.
>
>
> 1 x 10/9 x 4 x 2 x 10/9 circle to square to circle
> pi nowhere to be seen.100/81 x 8.

Your equation 10/9×4×2×10/9 = 800/81 = 9 71/81
As stated previously, which didn't seem to register with you the first time, taking (800/81) find the square root of 800 is 28.28427124746190097603377448419396157139343750753896146353... = (20sqrt(2) and since it uses the square root of 2 which is an irrational number, which it then divided by the square root of 81 which is 9 a rational number. 28.28427124746190097603377448419396157139343750753896146353... / 9 = (20sqrt(2))/9 = 3.142696805273544552892641609354884619043715278615440162614... as your value for pi, which is also an irrational number.

Please demonstrate how the Ancient Egyptian or any-other ancient civilization had the ability to note irrational numbers? To the best of my knowledge there are no records of irrational numbers in any known Ancient Text or archives from that period of time. By the scientific method you are required to provide some evidence to support your claim. In your case simply supply evidence supporting their ability to note irrational numbers.

Jacob

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 2183 DavidK 11-Jan-18 10:02
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 248 molder 11-Jan-18 11:09
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 272 DavidK 11-Jan-18 12:03
Jim Wakefield's Egyptian Pi. 246 DavidK 01-Feb-18 23:58
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 92 DavidK 14-Nov-18 08:34
23040 61 DavidK 22-Nov-18 21:54
Re: 23040 57 molder 22-Nov-18 22:45
Re: 23040 59 Sirfiroth 23-Nov-18 00:38
Re: 23040 61 molder 23-Nov-18 02:43
Re: 23040 59 Sirfiroth 23-Nov-18 13:36
Re: 23040 83 Manu 23-Nov-18 18:46
Re: 23040 64 molder 23-Nov-18 22:44
Re: 23040 62 Manu 23-Nov-18 23:10
Re: 23040 44 DavidK 24-Nov-18 00:11
Re: 23040 62 molder 24-Nov-18 01:30
Re: 23040 58 molder 24-Nov-18 03:14
Re: 23040 68 Manu 24-Nov-18 04:47
Re: 23040 55 DavidK 24-Nov-18 10:02
Re: 23040 64 molder 24-Nov-18 11:04
Re: 23040 60 Manu 24-Nov-18 15:01
Re: 23040 56 Sirfiroth 24-Nov-18 17:16
Re: 23040 52 Manu 24-Nov-18 19:45
Re: 23040 57 DavidK 24-Nov-18 21:08
Re: 23040 58 Manu 24-Nov-18 22:13
Re: 23040 52 DavidK 25-Nov-18 23:36
Earth combined in sphere & octahedron 69 hendrik dirker 27-Nov-18 12:10
some thoughts 63 hendrik dirker 29-Nov-18 16:56
an anecdote 45 hendrik dirker 01-Dec-18 10:42
Re: Earth combined in sphere & octahedron 59 Sirfiroth 29-Nov-18 22:03
Re: Earth combined in sphere & octahedron 72 hendrik dirker 30-Nov-18 07:33
Re: More than one value for pi used 63 molder 24-Nov-18 23:37
Re: More than one value for pi used 59 Manu 25-Nov-18 18:56
Re: More than one value for pi used 68 DavidK 25-Nov-18 23:12
Re: More than one value for pi used 44 Manu 26-Nov-18 14:33
Re: More than one value for pi used 39 DavidK 27-Nov-18 10:08
Re: More than one value for pi used 52 Manu 27-Nov-18 11:15
Re: More than one value for pi used 45 molder 27-Nov-18 22:41
Re: More than one value for pi used 46 Manu 27-Nov-18 23:12
Re: More than one value for pi used 41 DavidK 27-Nov-18 23:35
Re: More than one value for pi used 46 Manu 27-Nov-18 23:50
Re: Holes in Grand Gallery ramps 50 M. J. Thomas 28-Nov-18 11:28
Re: Holes in Grand Gallery ramps 42 molder 01-Dec-18 12:55
Re: More than one value for pi used 44 molder 26-Nov-18 11:47
Re: More than one value for pi used 51 Manu 26-Nov-18 12:11
Earth depicted in the sky 99 hendrik dirker 24-Nov-18 17:28
Re: Earth depicted in the sky 50 molder 24-Nov-18 23:21
Re: Earth depicted in the sky 66 DavidK 25-Nov-18 08:35
Re: Earth depicted in the sky 21600 flagged 45 DavidK 26-Nov-18 11:31
Re: Earth depicted in the sky 21600 flagged 83 hendrik dirker 26-Nov-18 17:23
Re: Earth depicted in the sky 21600 flagged 40 DavidK 27-Nov-18 10:42
I dunno 44 hendrik dirker 29-Nov-18 16:22
Re: 23040 67 Sirfiroth 23-Nov-18 00:41
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 74 DavidK 23-Nov-18 09:53
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 48 Sirfiroth 26-Nov-18 14:06
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 45 DavidK 26-Nov-18 15:24
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 54 Sirfiroth 26-Nov-18 21:13
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 42 DavidK 27-Nov-18 09:16
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 47 Sirfiroth 28-Nov-18 01:10
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 47 DavidK 28-Nov-18 11:39
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 49 Manu 28-Nov-18 14:25
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 48 DavidK 28-Nov-18 16:14
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 49 Manu 28-Nov-18 17:20
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 43 Sirfiroth 30-Nov-18 00:52
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 41 Manu 30-Nov-18 02:12
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 43 Sirfiroth 28-Nov-18 17:04
Re: 23040 and writing real Pi 39 DavidK 28-Nov-18 20:02
Really loving Jim's 23040 and root 5 71 DavidK 23-Nov-18 16:29
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 244 DavidK 19-Mar-18 09:43
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 196 DavidK 08-May-18 10:31
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 119 DavidK 12-Nov-18 17:14
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 60 DavidK 28-Nov-18 20:25
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 57 hendrik dirker 29-Nov-18 17:12
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 56 DavidK 30-Nov-18 15:28
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 51 Sirfiroth 30-Nov-18 16:52
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 48 molder 30-Nov-18 22:22
Re: The Work of Hugh Franklin at the GP and Stonehenge 55 DavidK 30-Nov-18 22:45
Re: eclipse & Stonehenge 68 hendrik dirker 01-Dec-18 08:13
Re: eclipse & Stonehenge and Pi 54 DavidK 01-Dec-18 10:49
Re: eclipse & Stonehenge and Pi 44 molder 01-Dec-18 12:28
Re: eclipse & Stonehenge and Pi 51 Sirfiroth 01-Dec-18 14:25
Re: eclipse & Stonehenge and Pi 55 rodz111 01-Dec-18 18:36
Re: eclipse & Stonehenge and Pi 54 DavidK 01-Dec-18 20:53
Re: eclipse & Stonehenge and Pi 46 Sirfiroth 02-Dec-18 20:09
Re: eclipse & Stonehenge and Pi 46 DavidK 02-Dec-18 22:55
Really that dense? 44 Sirfiroth 03-Dec-18 02:29
Re: Really that dense? 46 rodz111 03-Dec-18 03:40
Re: Really that dense? 50 Sirfiroth 03-Dec-18 14:37
Re: Really that dense? 41 rodz111 04-Dec-18 03:43
Re: Really that dense? 50 Sirfiroth 04-Dec-18 05:06
Re: Really that dense? 44 DavidK 04-Dec-18 10:13
Re: Really that dense? 40 Sirfiroth 04-Dec-18 15:01
Re: Really that dense? 36 DavidK 04-Dec-18 16:17
Re: Really that dense? 49 molder 04-Dec-18 10:27
Re: Really that dense? 43 DavidK 04-Dec-18 13:06
Re: Really that dense? 58 Sirfiroth 04-Dec-18 16:42
Re: Really that dense? 42 rodz111 04-Dec-18 21:38
Re: Really that dense? 44 Sirfiroth 04-Dec-18 23:38
Re: Really that dense? 51 DavidK 05-Dec-18 00:06
Re: Really that dense? 36 rodz111 05-Dec-18 16:32
Re: Really that dense? 35 rodz111 09-Dec-18 04:17
Re: Really that dense? 67 DavidK 03-Dec-18 09:19
Re:Egyptian value for pi in GP 55 molder 05-Dec-18 21:40
Re: Re:Egyptian value for pi in GP 57 DavidK 05-Dec-18 23:01
Re: Re:Egyptian value for pi in GP 63 cloister 05-Dec-18 23:38
uhmm... every day? 47 hendrik dirker 06-Dec-18 06:42
Re: uhmmm... every day? 47 cloister 06-Dec-18 08:37
Re: uhmmm... every day? 53 hendrik dirker 06-Dec-18 09:06
Re: uhmmm... every day? 41 cloister 06-Dec-18 11:25
Re: Re:Egyptian value for pi in GP 51 DavidK 06-Dec-18 10:04
Quite Simply! 67 Sirfiroth 06-Dec-18 13:55
Re: Quite Simply! 61 DUNE 07-Dec-18 11:24
Great Assumption! 54 Sirfiroth 07-Dec-18 14:44
Re: Great Assumption! 51 DUNE 07-Dec-18 16:49
Re: Great Assumption! 52 Sirfiroth 07-Dec-18 17:52
Re: Great Assumption! 47 Thanos5150 08-Dec-18 02:28
Re: Great Assumption! 34 DUNE 08-Dec-18 09:05
Re: Great Assumption! 46 Thanos5150 08-Dec-18 15:57
Re: Great Assumption! 46 DUNE 08-Dec-18 17:51
Re: Quite Simply! 53 DavidK 07-Dec-18 14:57
Re: Quite Simply! 47 DavidK 07-Dec-18 20:27
Re: Quite Simply! 45 DUNE 07-Dec-18 22:26
Re: Quite Simply! 52 DavidK 07-Dec-18 22:37
a load of numbers under scrtutiny 81 hendrik dirker 12-Dec-18 13:30
Papyrus of Pffft.... 56 cloister 12-Dec-18 16:01
Re: Papyrus of Pffft.... 47 hendrik dirker 14-Dec-18 12:16
Re: Papyrus of Pffft.... 42 cloister 14-Dec-18 14:52
Re: Papyrus of Pffft.... 44 Dr. Troglodyte 14-Dec-18 15:30
Re: Papyrus of Pffft.... 42 hendrik dirker 15-Dec-18 06:50
Re: Papyrus of Pffft.... 61 DavidK 15-Dec-18 15:31
Re: Papyrus of Pffft.... 55 cloister 15-Dec-18 21:27
Re: Papyrus of Pffft or the pre-Columbian cultures 43 rodz111 15-Dec-18 08:54
Re: Papyrus of Pffft or the pre-Columbian cultures 42 molder 18-Dec-18 22:18
Re: a load of numbers under scrtutiny 61 DavidK 12-Dec-18 20:16
Re: a load of numbers under scrtutiny 57 DUNE 12-Dec-18 21:51
Re: a load of numbers under scrtutiny 50 cloister 12-Dec-18 22:59
Re: a load of numbers under scrtutiny 55 gjb 13-Dec-18 01:53
Re: a load of numbers under scrtutiny 61 DavidK 13-Dec-18 10:35
Re: a load of numbers under scrtutiny 39 cloister 13-Dec-18 12:22
Re: a load of numbers under scrtutiny 41 DavidK 13-Dec-18 12:39
Re: a load of numbers under scrtutiny 50 cloister 13-Dec-18 13:04
Re: a load of numbers under scrtutiny 53 gjb 13-Dec-18 12:54
440 & 280 62 hendrik dirker 13-Dec-18 06:51
Re: 440 & 280 42 hendrik dirker 21-Dec-18 11:51
Re:-Stop the World for a word... 50 rodz111 13-Dec-18 19:57
Re: Re:-Stop the World for a word... 54 hendrik dirker 14-Dec-18 06:04
Re: Re:Babylonian value for pi in GP 60 molder 08-Dec-18 05:10
Re: Re:Babylonian value for pi in GP 78 DavidK 08-Dec-18 09:15
Re: Re:Babylonian value for pi in GP 64 DUNE 08-Dec-18 15:31
Re: Re:Babylonian value for pi in GP 79 DavidK 09-Dec-18 09:53


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.