Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister

Nice to know you don't actually read anything I write.
I read it. I had to dust off the ol' dictionary to look up 'recrudescence'.
I don't always agree with your views, but I nevertheless find your "historical highlights" posts fascinating to read and enjoy them very much.

Oh, and by all means no one actually talk about the OP.
Hey, I'm getting there. I type slow on this phone, ok? So sue me.

The pharaoh who ruled after Menkaure was Shepseskaf who instead of building a pyramid like his predecessor, is credited with build a large mastaba at Saqqara during his short 5yr reign.
That's kinda weird. Do they think he at least started work on a pyramid? He couldn't have completed one in only 5 years, but presumably he didn't know he'd have so short a reign.

Archaeologically the Sun Temple of Userkaf is a mess and details are not exactly clear, but it is known to have been built in two phases-first of mud brick which was later rebuilt as stone supposedly a few pharaohs later, likely under the reign of Neferirkare who is also credited with adding the obelisk that once stood there.
More weirdness. Userkaf was the first guy with an obelisk in his cartouche but the obelisk that stood in his Sun Temple was not his, but was put there by a pharaoh 3 or 4 guys(or however many) down the line? Is Userkaf credited with the making of any obelisks?
(also, "userkaf" for some reason looks like a multiplayer alias you'd see in CounterStrike or something. "You have been sniped by userkaf1337")

While the core of Sahure's pyramid is pedestrian as well compared to the 4th Dynasty, the interior of chambers utilize some of the largest stones ever moved in ancient times with some estimated to weigh upwards of 200+ tons.
This makes me think the pyramid surrounding the chambers could be an addition to an already existing structure.

As an aside, one thing I have noted many times is that the overwhelming majority of burials at the Giza pyramid cemeteries all date to the 5th and 6th Dynasties. The so-called pyramid workers cemetery does not date the 4th Dynasty, but rather the 5th Dynasty spanning nearly to its end.
Pretty sure you don't agree with this, but I think the OK work crews at Giza were engaged in a massive restoration--or perhaps preservation is a better word-- project. They are the source of much of the casing stones, imo. Not the granite/basalt ones though.

It is also with the beginning of the 5th Dynasty that we see the emergence of the pyramid kilt...
I believe the technical term is triangle buttflap.

From the MK to the end of the Dynastic period, part and parcel of Egyptian culture is the occupation by a foreign power-Canaan, Hyksos, Hittites, Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans-why would the OK and archaic Dynastic period be any different?
Interesting. It could be different, of course...those later occupations do not mean we should assume it was always occupied by a foreign power, but still I think it's an interesting idea. Do you have any ideas about who might have been the occupiers during the OK, etc.?

And yet despite this what we see time and again is this foreign subjugator adopting the culture of the DE, not the other way around, yet for some reason we expect the OK and earlier to be different?
Another keen observation re: foreign subjugators adopting the culture of the DE rather than forcing their own cultures on the subjugated peoples. I would venture to suggest that this might be an indication of the presence of a powerful cultural influence that belongs neither to the conquerer nor the subjugated...an influence present by way of exceedingly ancient structures and statuary, perhaps? In other words, it isn't that the conquerers adopted the culture of the DE, they were adopting the culture suggested by monumental stonework that was already ancient in their times. It looks like they adopted the DE culture because the DE themselves were engaged in adopting the same culture before they were conquered.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Connection Between the 5th Dynasty and the Levant 2251 Thanos5150 29-Nov-17 05:35
Re: Connection between the 5th Dynasty and the Levant 281 Thunderbird 29-Nov-17 06:09
Re: Connection between the 5th Dynasty and the Levant 299 Thanos5150 29-Nov-17 06:19
Re: Thanks.....Bro 270 Thunderbird 29-Nov-17 15:28
Re: Thanks.....Bro 257 Thanos5150 30-Nov-17 05:50
Re: Connection between the 5th Dynasty and the Levant 335 Tsurugi 30-Nov-17 06:31
Re: Connection between the 5th Dynasty and the Levant 462 Thanos5150 01-Dec-17 05:31
Re: Neferirkare Kakai 380 Thanos5150 30-Nov-17 03:13
Re: Connection Between the 5th Dynasty and the Levant 340 Thanos5150 22-Dec-17 23:36
Re: Connection Between the 5th Dynasty and the Levant 277 Thanos5150 05-Feb-18 04:30
Re: Connection Between the 5th Dynasty and the Levant 268 Thanos5150 25-Apr-18 18:02
Re: Connection Between the 5th Dynasty and the Levant 220 Thanos5150 13-Jun-18 05:32
Re: Tomb secrets: The FBI cracks the DNA code on an ancient Egyptian mummy 151 Thanos5150 10-Sep-18 05:36
Why Egypt? 106 Eddie Larry 11-Sep-18 01:23
Re: Why Egypt? 109 Thanos5150 11-Sep-18 02:57
Re: Why Egypt? 109 Eddie Larry 11-Sep-18 03:20
Re: Why Egypt? 99 Thanos5150 11-Sep-18 04:31
Re: Why Egypt? 120 Eddie Larry 11-Sep-18 05:05
Re: Tomb secrets: The FBI cracks the DNA code on an ancient Egyptian mummy 163 Spiros 11-Sep-18 09:24
Re: Connection Between the 5th Dynasty and the Levant 192 Thanos5150 16-Sep-18 06:02

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.