Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
No faux pleasantries for me? Aww...

Usimare Setepenre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am well aware of Herodotus's mention of twenty
> years.

Now you are, but this clearly does not jibe with your previous comment I responded to:
"The 20 years estimate in fact has nothing to do with Herodotus."

If you were actually "aware" then you would not say something most anyone actually familiar with the subject knows to be patently false. If you were aware you would know the 20yrs has everything to do with Herodotus's estimate.

> And you clearly fail to comprehend even
> basic written English.

Yes, you not having a clue of what you are talking about, but pretending you do must be my fault. Pointing it out apparently is at least.

> No where did I assert
> anything about what Herodotus did or did not say.

You do not need to explain what your assertion was as we can read it clearly for ourselves. Again, for the English impaired:
Quote

The 20 years estimate in fact has nothing to do with Herodotus. Rather, it is based on the estimation of Egyptologists such as Mark Lehner and Zahi Hawass, as well as structural engineers knowledgeable in the subject such as Jean Pierre Houdin.

We do not need to take your word for what Herodotus said or not as we can read it for ourselves. The concern at the moment is what you said.

> My point was simply that the twenty year estimate
> was arrived at independently of Herodotus.

No, this was not your point. Again, this is the opposite of true. But please, you said this 20yrs was not in fact derived from Herodotus, wrong, but rather the independant verification of Egyptologists like of Lehner and Hawass and the structural engineer Houdin-so please provide quotes and sources of their independant research which verifies this 20yr period. Here, let me give you a head start in your futility by quoting myself again, which you ignore:
Quote

Lehner, based on a construction management study he was part of, suggests G1 was built in as little as 10yrs. John Romer 14yrs. Hawass seems content with Herodotus's 20yrs if not a little longer, and Houdin is unconcerned how long it took but focuses rather on how and accepts the 20yr period out of hand.

Please, go on...

> And in
> that since, Herodotus is irrelevant.

Egads.

> And yes, I am well aware of the research conducted
> by my own colleagues.

Obviously you are not. On both counts.

> Simply regurgitating the
> opposing argument doesn't mean you understand it.

Opposing argument to what? You not knowing WTF you are talking about? Sorry, this is not an "argument", but rather the state of facts we know them which ironically all I have done is cite the actual sources you clearly know nothing about yet for some curious reason are here pretending you do. And I suppose the reason I can't understand it is because I cannot comprehend basic written English. Right.

> If you didn't, you wouldn't be spewing such
> intellectually dishonest nonsense.

Lol. If you would, please explain how it is "intellectually dishonest" to quote Herodotus himself and sources that quote him which verify this is where this number originally comes from, not to mention citing the noted opinions of the very people you claim came to this idea independently which in their own words we can see they did not and if anything when they did they came to different conclusions than "20yrs".

Just to recap:
I can't comprehend English.
I am simply regurgitating the opposing argument, which other than to contradict your ignorance there is none, which I do not understand it regardless.
And I am spewing intellectually dishonest nonsense.

K. Let's keep going and see what other maladies I may have.

> I take it you have read several of the
> Egyptological works relevant to this issue?

You claimed to be a long time lurker on this forum yet curiously do not have a clue of anyone's actual opinions. Seems odd.

> Unfortunately, scholarly writing is no cure for
> the intellectually incompetent.

Takes one to know one apparently. But, cool. Now I'm "intellectually incompetent" too.

> Go back to your
> couch and turn on Ancient Aliens and leave this
> discussion to the adults will ya.

Ah, yes. Now I am a couch dwelling Ancient Aliens disciple who is unqualified to discuss these topics with such kindred intellects as yourself and Cladking. Got me there.

It is clear you are obviously a shill, and a poor one at that, here for no other reason than to be as boorish and disruptive a troll as possible. But please, continue....



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15-Jan-18 16:11 by Thanos5150.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 1807 nellyjesus28 27-Nov-17 04:38
Mod Note > Topic Moved 442 Dr. Troglodyte 27-Nov-17 17:01
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 399 Usimare Setepenre 12-Jan-18 18:49
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 326 Origyptian 14-Jan-18 17:12
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 292 DUNE 14-Jan-18 18:12
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 320 Open mind 12-Jan-18 20:09
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 330 Barbelo 12-Jan-18 20:20
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 358 cladking 12-Jan-18 20:22
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 430 Usimare Setepenre 12-Jan-18 21:08
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 318 cladking 12-Jan-18 22:04
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 309 Barbelo 12-Jan-18 23:47
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 323 Open mind 12-Jan-18 23:54
Just Another Wacko Theory 321 Barbelo 13-Jan-18 00:31
Re: Just Another Wacko Theory 311 cladking 13-Jan-18 00:36
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 360 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 02:23
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 335 Open mind 13-Jan-18 02:44
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 302 John B 13-Jan-18 03:05
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 320 Open mind 13-Jan-18 03:24
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 294 John B 13-Jan-18 03:45
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 289 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:26
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 307 Audrey 13-Jan-18 04:27
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 283 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:32
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 272 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:24
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 292 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 04:08
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 271 Nemobutwhatiimagian 13-Jan-18 22:06
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 278 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:22
Pyramid Text Explanations Are Superfluous 387 Barbelo 13-Jan-18 03:04
Re: Pyramid Text Explanations Are Superfluous 316 John B 13-Jan-18 03:31
Re: Pyramid Text Explanations Are Superfluous 258 Barbelo 13-Jan-18 04:04
Re: Pyramid Text Explanations Are Superfluous 269 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:30
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 338 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:17
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 296 Audrey 13-Jan-18 04:26
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 304 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 04:57
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 299 Audrey 13-Jan-18 05:42
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 288 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 14:46
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 286 cladking 13-Jan-18 15:56
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 280 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 16:25
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 241 cladking 13-Jan-18 16:54
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 228 Audrey 13-Jan-18 18:52
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 230 Origyptian 14-Jan-18 19:33
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 212 Origyptian 14-Jan-18 19:25
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 331 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 10:22
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 287 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 14:08
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 254 cladking 13-Jan-18 14:43
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 304 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 14:54
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 272 cladking 13-Jan-18 15:45
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 232 Origyptian 16-Jan-18 20:15
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 222 Jon Ellison 17-Jan-18 14:56
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 226 Origyptian 17-Jan-18 19:32
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 273 Jon Ellison 17-Jan-18 23:11
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 258 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 15:30
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 282 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 16:34
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 229 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 16:40
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 273 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 16:55
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 262 cladking 13-Jan-18 17:07
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 253 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 17:12
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 243 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 17:23
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 278 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 17:25
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 271 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 18:03
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 278 cladking 13-Jan-18 18:06
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 275 Audrey 13-Jan-18 18:56
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 297 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 19:16
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 225 Audrey 13-Jan-18 21:42
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 327 Merrell 13-Jan-18 20:33
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 268 Audrey 13-Jan-18 21:51
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 255 eyeofhorus33 13-Jan-18 23:14
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 232 Audrey 13-Jan-18 18:43
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 263 cladking 13-Jan-18 16:08
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 230 Origyptian 14-Jan-18 19:38
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 283 Thanos5150 13-Jan-18 17:32
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 303 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 17:40
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 271 cladking 13-Jan-18 17:58
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 232 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 22:21
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 260 cladking 13-Jan-18 22:48
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 265 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 22:57
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 290 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 18:10
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 313 Rickard 13-Jan-18 21:46
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 273 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 22:23
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 222 Open mind 14-Jan-18 19:42
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 282 Thanos5150 14-Jan-18 00:30
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 281 cladking 14-Jan-18 00:46
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 279 Usimare Setepenre 14-Jan-18 03:17
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 291 Audrey 14-Jan-18 04:46
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 288 Usimare Setepenre 14-Jan-18 05:43
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 293 Audrey 14-Jan-18 06:15
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 247 Martin Stower 14-Jan-18 12:15
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 293 Usimare Setepenre 14-Jan-18 14:42
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 353 Open mind 14-Jan-18 20:01
Just Curious 282 WonderWho 14-Jan-18 12:56
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 242 Martin Stower 14-Jan-18 00:24
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 252 Thanos5150 14-Jan-18 00:30
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 245 Origyptian 14-Jan-18 18:44
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 297 Open mind 12-Jan-18 22:22
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 300 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:43
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 277 Audrey 13-Jan-18 05:47
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 261 kirass 18-Jan-18 14:03
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 216 Origyptian 18-Jan-18 17:51
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 268 Anonymous User 18-Jan-18 19:15
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 352 kirass 19-Jan-18 05:47
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 361 kirass 19-Jan-18 05:55


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.