Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
No faux pleasantries for me? Aww...

Usimare Setepenre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am well aware of Herodotus's mention of twenty
> years.

Now you are, but this clearly does not jibe with your previous comment I responded to:
"The 20 years estimate in fact has nothing to do with Herodotus."

If you were actually "aware" then you would not say something most anyone actually familiar with the subject knows to be patently false. If you were aware you would know the 20yrs has everything to do with Herodotus's estimate.

> And you clearly fail to comprehend even
> basic written English.

Yes, you not having a clue of what you are talking about, but pretending you do must be my fault. Pointing it out apparently is at least.

> No where did I assert
> anything about what Herodotus did or did not say.

You do not need to explain what your assertion was as we can read it clearly for ourselves. Again, for the English impaired:
Quote

The 20 years estimate in fact has nothing to do with Herodotus. Rather, it is based on the estimation of Egyptologists such as Mark Lehner and Zahi Hawass, as well as structural engineers knowledgeable in the subject such as Jean Pierre Houdin.

We do not need to take your word for what Herodotus said or not as we can read it for ourselves. The concern at the moment is what you said.

> My point was simply that the twenty year estimate
> was arrived at independently of Herodotus.

No, this was not your point. Again, this is the opposite of true. But please, you said this 20yrs was not in fact derived from Herodotus, wrong, but rather the independant verification of Egyptologists like of Lehner and Hawass and the structural engineer Houdin-so please provide quotes and sources of their independant research which verifies this 20yr period. Here, let me give you a head start in your futility by quoting myself again, which you ignore:
Quote

Lehner, based on a construction management study he was part of, suggests G1 was built in as little as 10yrs. John Romer 14yrs. Hawass seems content with Herodotus's 20yrs if not a little longer, and Houdin is unconcerned how long it took but focuses rather on how and accepts the 20yr period out of hand.

Please, go on...

> And in
> that since, Herodotus is irrelevant.

Egads.

> And yes, I am well aware of the research conducted
> by my own colleagues.

Obviously you are not. On both counts.

> Simply regurgitating the
> opposing argument doesn't mean you understand it.

Opposing argument to what? You not knowing WTF you are talking about? Sorry, this is not an "argument", but rather the state of facts we know them which ironically all I have done is cite the actual sources you clearly know nothing about yet for some curious reason are here pretending you do. And I suppose the reason I can't understand it is because I cannot comprehend basic written English. Right.

> If you didn't, you wouldn't be spewing such
> intellectually dishonest nonsense.

Lol. If you would, please explain how it is "intellectually dishonest" to quote Herodotus himself and sources that quote him which verify this is where this number originally comes from, not to mention citing the noted opinions of the very people you claim came to this idea independently which in their own words we can see they did not and if anything when they did they came to different conclusions than "20yrs".

Just to recap:
I can't comprehend English.
I am simply regurgitating the opposing argument, which other than to contradict your ignorance there is none, which I do not understand it regardless.
And I am spewing intellectually dishonest nonsense.

K. Let's keep going and see what other maladies I may have.

> I take it you have read several of the
> Egyptological works relevant to this issue?

You claimed to be a long time lurker on this forum yet curiously do not have a clue of anyone's actual opinions. Seems odd.

> Unfortunately, scholarly writing is no cure for
> the intellectually incompetent.

Takes one to know one apparently. But, cool. Now I'm "intellectually incompetent" too.

> Go back to your
> couch and turn on Ancient Aliens and leave this
> discussion to the adults will ya.

Ah, yes. Now I am a couch dwelling Ancient Aliens disciple who is unqualified to discuss these topics with such kindred intellects as yourself and Cladking. Got me there.

It is clear you are obviously a shill, and a poor one at that, here for no other reason than to be as boorish and disruptive a troll as possible. But please, continue....



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15-Jan-18 16:11 by Thanos5150.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 1851 nellyjesus28 27-Nov-17 04:38
Mod Note > Topic Moved 474 Dr. Troglodyte 27-Nov-17 17:01
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 422 Usimare Setepenre 12-Jan-18 18:49
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 344 Origyptian 14-Jan-18 17:12
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 305 DUNE 14-Jan-18 18:12
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 334 Open mind 12-Jan-18 20:09
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 347 Barbelo 12-Jan-18 20:20
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 372 cladking 12-Jan-18 20:22
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 452 Usimare Setepenre 12-Jan-18 21:08
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 337 cladking 12-Jan-18 22:04
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 330 Barbelo 12-Jan-18 23:47
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 341 Open mind 12-Jan-18 23:54
Just Another Wacko Theory 335 Barbelo 13-Jan-18 00:31
Re: Just Another Wacko Theory 329 cladking 13-Jan-18 00:36
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 383 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 02:23
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 350 Open mind 13-Jan-18 02:44
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 330 John B 13-Jan-18 03:05
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 335 Open mind 13-Jan-18 03:24
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 312 John B 13-Jan-18 03:45
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 307 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:26
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 322 Audrey 13-Jan-18 04:27
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 300 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:32
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 285 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:24
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 308 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 04:08
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 287 Nemobutwhatiimagian 13-Jan-18 22:06
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 298 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:22
Pyramid Text Explanations Are Superfluous 413 Barbelo 13-Jan-18 03:04
Re: Pyramid Text Explanations Are Superfluous 331 John B 13-Jan-18 03:31
Re: Pyramid Text Explanations Are Superfluous 274 Barbelo 13-Jan-18 04:04
Re: Pyramid Text Explanations Are Superfluous 287 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:30
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 368 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:17
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 324 Audrey 13-Jan-18 04:26
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 319 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 04:57
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 318 Audrey 13-Jan-18 05:42
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 309 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 14:46
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 305 cladking 13-Jan-18 15:56
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 293 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 16:25
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 259 cladking 13-Jan-18 16:54
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 245 Audrey 13-Jan-18 18:52
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 248 Origyptian 14-Jan-18 19:33
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 228 Origyptian 14-Jan-18 19:25
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 358 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 10:22
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 305 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 14:08
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 285 cladking 13-Jan-18 14:43
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 325 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 14:54
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 308 cladking 13-Jan-18 15:45
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 243 Origyptian 16-Jan-18 20:15
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 239 Jon Ellison 17-Jan-18 14:56
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 240 Origyptian 17-Jan-18 19:32
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 293 Jon Ellison 17-Jan-18 23:11
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 273 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 15:30
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 297 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 16:34
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 246 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 16:40
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 287 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 16:55
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 275 cladking 13-Jan-18 17:07
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 274 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 17:12
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 261 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 17:23
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 293 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 17:25
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 289 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 18:03
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 296 cladking 13-Jan-18 18:06
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 291 Audrey 13-Jan-18 18:56
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 316 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 19:16
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 243 Audrey 13-Jan-18 21:42
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 353 Merrell 13-Jan-18 20:33
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 296 Audrey 13-Jan-18 21:51
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 272 eyeofhorus33 13-Jan-18 23:14
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 252 Audrey 13-Jan-18 18:43
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 282 cladking 13-Jan-18 16:08
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 240 Origyptian 14-Jan-18 19:38
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 304 Thanos5150 13-Jan-18 17:32
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 322 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 17:40
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 296 cladking 13-Jan-18 17:58
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 251 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 22:21
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 279 cladking 13-Jan-18 22:48
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 287 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 22:57
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 304 Jon Ellison 13-Jan-18 18:10
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 342 Rickard 13-Jan-18 21:46
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 298 Usimare Setepenre 13-Jan-18 22:23
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 238 Open mind 14-Jan-18 19:42
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 304 Thanos5150 14-Jan-18 00:30
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 294 cladking 14-Jan-18 00:46
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 297 Usimare Setepenre 14-Jan-18 03:17
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 308 Audrey 14-Jan-18 04:46
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 306 Usimare Setepenre 14-Jan-18 05:43
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 319 Audrey 14-Jan-18 06:15
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 262 Martin Stower 14-Jan-18 12:15
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 305 Usimare Setepenre 14-Jan-18 14:42
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 369 Open mind 14-Jan-18 20:01
Just Curious 307 WonderWho 14-Jan-18 12:56
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 258 Martin Stower 14-Jan-18 00:24
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 265 Thanos5150 14-Jan-18 00:30
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 278 Origyptian 14-Jan-18 18:44
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 312 Open mind 12-Jan-18 22:22
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 324 cladking 13-Jan-18 04:43
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 294 Audrey 13-Jan-18 05:47
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 281 kirass 18-Jan-18 14:03
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 237 Origyptian 18-Jan-18 17:51
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 285 Anonymous User 18-Jan-18 19:15
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 401 kirass 19-Jan-18 05:47
Re: Theory about why they built the pyramids. Mr Graham. 381 kirass 19-Jan-18 05:55


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.