Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I was recently listening to some Red Ice Radio archived programs (RIR-060608 - Jan Irvin - The Pharmacratic Inquisition, Astrotheology & Shamanism). In this interview I heard Jan Irvin mention that followers of Mithra (the Zoroastrian deity) saw the sun’s rays as semen. They believed the sun’s rays would generate rain that would fall to earth and, like semen, would create life.

This interview proved revealing for me because in 1993 I came across a concept that held our human consciousness is the reproductive cell of a male creator being. This concept seems to have overtaken my life and I have now been researching and writing on the topic for more than 2 decades. The fact that an ancient deity held the sun’s rays to be the semen of a creator God is of course strong supporting evidence for, what I now call, the God Gametes Theory - and I am somewhat embarrassed that I did not discover it earlier. In my defence I would point out that my research has been a solitary effort from start to finish. No doubt I would have been pointed to Mithra many years ago if I had done my research on university campus. However, despite my attempts to write up my thesis as part of a Masters or PHD, my numerous requests were rejected.

Mithra – the Iranian – Zoroastrian – Sun God

Mithra

Followers of Mithra saw the sun as male and the earth as female. They related life to the sexual act.

Mithra has the following in common with the Jesus character:

• Mithra was born on December 25th of the virgin Anahita.
• The babe was wrapped in swaddling clothes, placed in a manger and attended by shepherds.
• He was considered a great traveling teacher and master.
• He had 12 companions or "disciples."
• He performed miracles.
• As the "great bull of the Sun," Mithra sacrificed himself for world peace.
• He ascended to heaven.
• Mithra was viewed as the Good Shepherd, the "Way, the Truth and the Light," the Redeemer, the Saviour, the Messiah.
• Mithra is omniscient, as he "hears all, sees all, knows all: none can deceive him."
• He was identified with both the Lion and the Lamb.
• His sacred day was Sunday, "the Lord's Day," hundreds of years before the appearance of Christ.
• His religion had a eucharist or "Lord's Supper."
• Mithra "sets his marks on the foreheads of his soldiers."
• Mithraism emphasized baptism.

Mithra came from a rock/cave and thus is supportive of the God Gametes claim that earth is a biological entity – see my earlier post on Living Body Earth: [grahamhancock.com]

The amanita muscaria

Many claim the source of these early religions were consciousness altering drugs. Much of what follows is sourced from the video by Jan Irvin; The Pharmacratic Inquisition DVD - see [www.youtube.com]
See also Jan Irvin’s home site; www.gnosticmedia.com

The video The Pharmacratic Inquisition DVD compared the mushroom amanita muscaria to:

The Cross

The Holy Grail

The infant Jesus

Easter and Christmas

Church architecture

The World Tree and the Christmas Tree

The Pope

Mithra

Female and male reproductive organs

Given the morphology of sperm cells has only been known in recent times it is understandable that our ancients did not make the link between the amanita muscaria and male gametes. There is however a significant parallel.

Amanita muscaria and the male gamete - image 01

Amanita muscaria and the male gamete - image 02

Male gamete - image 03

So if sunlight is the semen of a male God that brings life into existence on a female planet earth, the amanita muscaria is a mind altering drug and consciousness is instant and universal – then what are we?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 19-Nov-17 22:29 by Robert Jameson.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Mithra 576 Robert Jameson 03-Nov-17 04:13
Re: Mithra 115 Thanos5150 03-Nov-17 16:47
Re: Mithra 105 michael seabrook 04-Nov-17 14:24
Re: Mithra 113 Robert Jameson 05-Nov-17 01:08
Re: Mithra 86 Robert Jameson 12-Nov-17 06:31
The reproductive system of our creator being 60 Robert Jameson 19-Nov-17 10:16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.