Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
It seems that the indentation of each side of the Great Pyramid was noticed, but no explanation for this design has been offered. (If it has, please note reference.) I just thought of what seems like a distinct possibility. Have you heard of keystone design, for arches? The keystone, at the top of an arch, is fashioned with angles in such a way that it will force the arch to maintain its shape, even with weathering and earthquakes. I don't think we have a record of the visual effect of the limestone encasement of the GP, but it must have been a glorious sight, shining in the sun like a star on Earth! I think the effect would have been muted by anything less than a perfectly flat surface, so the indentation was structural enhancement, hidden by the finished product. It was a stabilization design, so the Star would shine forever.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Eight-sided Great Pyramid 617 DaneBD49 30-Oct-17 19:36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.