Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I 've been messing around with Starry Night and a CAD program to see if I could find that angle. Haven't found it yet but I did find something interesting. The angle between Merak and Dubhe, on the end of the bowl of the Big Dipper, when Merak was due North match the angle between the two large Giza pyramids almost exactly. What I mean is that the angle between horizontal and those two Dipper stars is almost the same as the angle between a horizontal line eastward from the center of Khafre's Pyramid and a line from that pyramid center to the center of the Great Pyramid. I have an angle of 46.3776396°for the stars versus 46.7672912° between the pyramids. There's no third star to match the position of Menkaure's Pyramid though. And I mean when Merak is at its low point on the North meridian rather than its high point. The brightness of the two stars are also in the right order, Dubhe being brighter than Merak like G1 is larger than G2. I was just using 2585 BC as the date, maybe another year would provide a more accurate match. My theory is that the two large pyramids were designed to match the angle between Merope and Electra but it's possible it could be the Dipper stars, or even both, who knows.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08-Oct-17 15:34 by V_Starling.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Dahshur pyramid slope plan 327 Spiros 08-Oct-17 05:58
Re: The Dahshur pyramid slope plan 46 V_Starling 08-Oct-17 14:46
Re: The Dahshur pyramid slope plan 102 V_Starling 08-Oct-17 15:22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.