Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Merrell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The crew-marks in the relieving chambers
> incorporate the name of Khufu, and are connected
> with the placement of stone blocks that came from
> various quarries

> The pyramid was built in the time of Khufu, using
> technology adequate for the task.

What the quarry marks show is that Khufu was involved in the construction process at the very least at and to some extent beyond the RC, not that he originated the project or even completed it.

Tell me how I'm wrong Merrell.

You also stated as "fact":

"No, the Great Pyramid was built in the time of Khufu, the mid-3rd millennium BC".

Again, we do not know to what extent Khufu was involved in the project.

"He intended it for use as his tomb..."

No, Merrell, we do not know if any pharaoh intended their pyramids to be their tomb.

If Pyramids are not Tombs, then where are the Pharaohs?

Readers would note your lack of participation there....

But again, please tell me how I am wrong.

"...(it's been suggested that he died in the summer of 2483 BC, before his tomb was fully complete)".

Oh...? So then this would mean some of it was built after the time of Khufu? I'm confused because you just said "the Great Pyramid was built in the time of Khufu". And "2483 BC", you say? That's a nice exact number and in the "summer" no less. Which regardless would be weird as by nearly all accepted chronologies "2483 BC" would place this in the 5th Dynasty in or around the reign of Sahure.

You are going off the dates of 2509-2483BC for Khufu's reign which are not accepted by Egyptology though widely copy and pasted almost verbatim in internet articles appearing only on or after the Nov 2, 2017 press release of the Muon study (Nov 2, 2017) finding a void. It would appear these dates are only what was offered by the Muon team which unless they know something the rest of us do not would seem to be in error and/or are using dates otherwise not accepted by Egyptology at large. Source please.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10-Apr-19 04:12 by Thanos5150.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 2844 stephentuck25 25-Aug-17 02:08
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 472 Merrell 25-Aug-17 07:49
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 438 stephentuck25 25-Aug-17 16:58
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 465 Merrell 25-Aug-17 19:53
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 478 stephentuck25 25-Aug-17 21:13
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 403 Dr. Troglodyte 25-Aug-17 22:07
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 368 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 04:13
Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 370 Barbelo 26-Aug-17 05:04
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 381 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 07:45
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 376 Susan Doris 26-Aug-17 11:05
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 419 Barbelo 26-Aug-17 11:22
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 342 Susan Doris 26-Aug-17 11:45
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 339 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 22:01
Re: Imagination Does Not Equal Facts 344 Barbelo 26-Aug-17 23:36
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 325 Dr. Troglodyte 26-Aug-17 16:18
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 345 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 22:49
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 361 stephentuck25 27-Aug-17 00:16
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 346 Merrell 26-Aug-17 17:01
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 379 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 23:08
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 119 Lee McGiffen 11-Apr-19 07:37
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 413 Reagent 25-Aug-17 09:09
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 413 stephentuck25 25-Aug-17 17:21
An Unconventional View 404 Barbelo 26-Aug-17 02:03
Re: An Unconventional View 579 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 07:22
Re: An Unconventional View 362 Barbelo 26-Aug-17 11:34
Re: An Unconventional View 372 stephentuck25 26-Aug-17 22:38
Re: An Unconventional View 316 Barbelo 27-Aug-17 03:36
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 585 stephentuck25 27-Aug-17 16:20
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 282 Susan Doris 27-Aug-17 16:36
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 320 stephentuck25 27-Aug-17 17:05
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 454 Thanos5150 27-Aug-17 17:46
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 352 Susan Doris 28-Aug-17 04:54
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 386 Thanos5150 28-Aug-17 15:29
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 353 Susan Doris 28-Aug-17 17:24
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 391 Susan Doris 28-Aug-17 05:15
A Final Nail 369 Barbelo 27-Aug-17 20:52
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 481 Scott Creighton 27-Aug-17 23:55
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 402 Broker 28-Aug-17 14:34
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 564 stephentuck25 25-Sep-17 07:47
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 382 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 02:22
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 344 Susan Doris 29-Aug-17 05:14
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 321 Thanos5150 29-Aug-17 15:43
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 329 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 17:26
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 317 Thanos5150 29-Aug-17 18:14
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 336 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 18:45
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 338 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 16:57
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 335 Susan Doris 29-Aug-17 18:25
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 339 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 19:17
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 292 Susan Doris 30-Aug-17 05:08
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 313 stephentuck25 30-Aug-17 06:45
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 318 Susan Doris 30-Aug-17 07:44
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 319 stephentuck25 30-Aug-17 08:28
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 348 Susan Doris 30-Aug-17 09:04
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 414 stephentuck25 29-Aug-17 19:39
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 354 Eddie Larry 29-Aug-17 21:41
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 383 Susan Doris 30-Aug-17 05:15
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 431 Eddie Larry 30-Aug-17 14:25
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 156 stephentuck25 08-Apr-19 17:27
Crews and copper tools 173 Merrell 08-Apr-19 19:58
Re: Crews and copper tools 151 stephentuck25 08-Apr-19 21:09
Re: Crews and copper tools 145 Merrell 09-Apr-19 22:03
Re: Crews and copper tools 126 engbren 10-Apr-19 01:08
Re: Crews and copper tools 142 Merrell 10-Apr-19 13:06
Re: Crews and copper tools 131 Thanos5150 10-Apr-19 04:11
Re: Crews and copper tools 144 Merrell 10-Apr-19 08:52
Re: Crews and copper tools 139 Thanos5150 11-Apr-19 03:48
Re: Crews and copper tools 162 Merrell 11-Apr-19 12:50
Re: Crews and copper tools 111 Thanos5150 12-Apr-19 15:09
Re: Crews and copper tools 154 Corpuscles 11-Apr-19 10:05
Two Things 122 Barbelo 11-Apr-19 11:30
Re: Two Things 127 Corpuscles 11-Apr-19 13:13
Re: Two Things 119 Barbelo 12-Apr-19 01:18
Re: Crews and copper tools 266 Thanos5150 11-Apr-19 23:30
Re: Crews and copper tools 178 Merrell 12-Apr-19 07:34
Re: Crews and copper tools 143 Thanos5150 12-Apr-19 15:26
Re: Crews and copper tools 158 Merrell 12-Apr-19 15:53
Re: Crews and copper tools 144 Corpuscles 17-Apr-19 10:51
Re: Crews and copper tools 168 Thanos5150 18-Apr-19 04:23
Re: Crews and copper tools 130 Martin Stower 10-Apr-19 21:10
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Garbage Theory! 141 Barbelo 08-Apr-19 22:50
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Garbage Theory! 193 stephentuck25 09-Apr-19 13:55
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Garbage Theory! 119 Barbelo 09-Apr-19 21:17
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! 152 Martin Stower 10-Apr-19 22:03
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! Congratulations! 234 jamesglory 09-Apr-19 03:25
Re: Tuck's Orion Precession Theory! Congratulations! 174 stephentuck25 09-Apr-19 13:49


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.