Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
In the early 1700s, "The Sailors' Pillar" was found buried under the choir at Notre Dame cathedral (on an island in Paris). It depicts the god Esus. Like Newgrange and the Miami Circle, this pillar is a time capsule that was underground during the Middle Ages. The inscripton begins:

TIBCAESARE
AVGIOVIOPTVM..
MAXSVMO

I'm correcting a mistake in my writings at polkadot. I was wrong in assuming the common translation of that Latin is basically accurate: that the pillar was erected at the time of one Tiberius Caesar, dedicated to the Roman father god Iovis (Jupiter), the best and greatest.

Here is my translation:

TIB CAESARE AUG IOVI OPTUMO MAXSUMO

This is referring to 4 historical figures: Tiberinus, Caesar. Augustus, and Iovi (Julius) the Optumo Maxsumo.

TIB (Tiberinus) is the river god associated with the Tiber river of Rome, linked to a lineage of kings (Tiberinus Silvius). I believe Pompey was his incarnation, the middle king of the 3 before Caesar (the Magi). Francesco Carotta connects Pompey with "John the Baptist" in establishment christianity stories. This fits with Tiberinus depictions aside a river where a wolf is suckling two twin boys. John the Baptist is portrayed as living in the wild, baptising people at a river. The twin boys in the Tiberinus depictions would be the twin Caesars, the twin Christs. The first was Brutus (the brut idea). The Romulus Remus story is a fake to cover this symbolism.

CAESARE refers to this Brutus, the first of the three younger kings. He was Junius Brutus Caesar in Rome and in Gaul he was ESUS, and is depicted on the pillar as such, wearing Roman clothing. He is linked to the first month of Summer, June. Junius has been hidden in history.

AUG is Augustus, the third of the 3 younger kings and linked to the 3rd month of Summer. When kingship was handed to him by Julius (the second younger king, July king), Junius and Julius became his two "co councils".(alleged writings of Seutonius talk of documents dated, "the councilship of Julius and Caesar".) The 3 make up the "second triumvirate".

IOVI (optumo maxumo) is the ancient Roman father god (Jupiter), and Julius (the second of the 3 younger kings) was beleived to be the incarnation of this individual, "Divus Iulius". Julius was called Pontifex Optimus Maximus in Rome. In "christian texts" he was turned into Peter (pater) and had kingship (the keys to the kingdom) delivered to him by Jesus (Junius). Popes claim descent from Peter and call themselves "Holy Father" and "Pontifex Maximus". Some have used the complete title, "Pontifex Optimus Maximus" (Pope Clemens VIII).

In 2004 the french museum housing this "Pilier des Nautes" had a beautiful 3 dimensional reconstructed image of it online. You could see all four faces, four levels, on top of a large foundation, their site said the whole reconstruction was 18 meters high (59 feet). When I posted information on the pillar in Francesco Carotta's forum in 2004, the museum mysteriously took down the webpage, and checking just now, they still have next to nothing on their site about it. Not much shows up now online. Wikipedia's version makes no mention of sailors being shown on the pillar. In 2004 the images showed a square with 3 younger men in a boat coming at you, and another square showed 3 older men also in a boat coming at you. I vividly remember this because I had sent Carotta emails about my interpretation. Today on wikipedia the 3 younger men and also the 3 older men squares show them standing but there are no boats. This is due to the lower half of the squares being reconstructed in a very different way than in 2004. People interested in history might want try to find accurate images of that pillar and save them. Who knows, in ten years they might be calling it the "farmer's pillar" or something.

There are other inscriptions in Greek on the Ionian Islands and elsewhere that Carotta refers to, that I think they are being translated incorrectly as well, or they are replacements of earlier inscriptions to cover the real history. Here's something from Carotta's website;

"typical dedication found on Ionian islands:

The people (worship) Gaius Iulius Gaius' Son Caesar, Pontifex Maximus and Imperator, (for the second (time) Consul and Dictator), Savior and Benefactor (of all Greeks)."

That looks like a very strange dedication for a single individual, and to understand where it really comes from, look into the Roman "Julian Triad" of: Divus Iulius, Divi Filius and Genius Augusti. You'll find "Divus Iulius" refers to Julius Caesar, the father god. "Divi Filius" is said to refer to Augustus Caesar, the "son of god", and "Genius Augusti" also refers to Augustus Caesar, the genius being the spirit of the person, as in "genii", etc.

So what's wrong with the picture? How can a triad contain two references to the same person, Augustus? Once you understand that the official story of Rome is a fake, that Julius was not the first Caesar, there was a Junius first, then everything starts clicking into place. It was Junius that was the incarnation of the ancient "son of god", Julius was the ancient "father god", and Augustus the 'holy ghost".

So looking at the strange Ionion island inscription, when you see that "Julius Caesar" is actually a composite character in fake history hiding two real individuals, things start to make sense. The inscription (or the one it was an imitation of) really would have to do with Julius as a god and a second individual as a son of god, one as Pontifex Maximus and one as Imperator, etc. The Twin Caesars, the Twin Christs.

The inscription on the Sailor's Pillar cited above has the word, "CAESARE" in it. The E at the end may make this a plural term. But it's claimed online it's a singular term. Perhaps Latin (and also Greek) were altered by the "copies" of the historical documents used today to teach history (and teach Latin and Greek). Maybe CAESARE had a different and clear meaning in the past (the twin Caesars?)

Regarding the image of the three younger boatmen on the Sailor's Pillar, I had contacted Carotta in 2004 trying to determine if two were sculpted as twins, but the third's face was damaged and it wasn't possible to tell. However, the ancient twin gods Castor and Pollux definitely appear on the pillar, each with a seperate square. The twins are fundamental to getting all the pieces of this story to click into place.

Lastly, Book Two at polkadot contains info on the ancient musical tunings I have recovered, but you have to go to my youtube "About" page and follow the leads to get the correct 17 tone tuning and additional helpful info. Or see my 2018 and later posts at unfretted dot com in "other instruments". Ignore the 2013 posts. Copy the info if interested, that forum seems in limbo.

My history researching days are over. Take what you can use. Tom

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 2470 Tom M Culhane 16-Jun-17 15:56
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 611 carolb 16-Jun-17 16:28
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 615 Merrell 16-Jun-17 16:55
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 693 carolb 16-Jun-17 17:03
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 533 eyeofhorus33 16-Jun-17 16:39
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 413 carolb 16-Jun-17 16:47
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 546 AstralDruid 16-Jun-17 17:45
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 533 Merrell 16-Jun-17 19:23
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 494 eyeofhorus33 17-Jun-17 08:13
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 528 Susan Doris 17-Jun-17 14:02
Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 728 Tom M Culhane 13-Jun-17 19:38
Re: Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 623 PB Bytes 13-Jun-17 22:15
Can you "link" your article? 377 Itatw70s 13-Jun-17 23:30
Re: Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 469 Tom M Culhane 13-Jun-17 23:33
Re: Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 449 Itatw70s 13-Jun-17 23:35
Re: Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 433 carolb 14-Jun-17 00:13
Re: Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 425 carolb 14-Jun-17 00:29
Re: Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 496 Itatw70s 14-Jun-17 01:42
Re: Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 461 Itatw70s 16-Jun-17 01:08
Re: Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 472 AstralDruid 16-Jun-17 17:33
Re: Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 429 carolb 16-Jun-17 18:20
Mod Note > Duplicate Topic Merged 344 Dr. Troglodyte 16-Jun-17 18:43
Re: Pattern on Europe Rewrites History 395 Paulcmusik 21-Aug-17 13:14
My Research Findings Solve Riddle of Origin of Human Civilization 598 Tom M Culhane 16-Jun-17 05:24
Re: My Research Findings Solve Riddle of Origin of Human Civilization 474 Susan Doris 16-Jun-17 14:26
Mod Note > Triplicate Topic Merged 415 Dr. Troglodyte 16-Jun-17 18:56
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 425 M. J. Thomas 16-Jun-17 19:46
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 454 eyeofhorus33 17-Jun-17 08:08
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 414 M. J. Thomas 17-Jun-17 09:37
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 477 Tom M Culhane 18-Jun-17 14:05
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 413 carolb 18-Jun-17 15:14
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 807 Tom M Culhane 19-Jun-17 12:50
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 621 Tom M Culhane 23-Jun-17 18:06
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 375 Tom M Culhane 24-Jun-17 20:18
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 585 Notinham 24-Jun-17 21:10
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 400 Tom M Culhane 26-Jun-17 17:07
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 385 Notinham 26-Jun-17 17:20
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 683 Tom M Culhane 26-Jun-17 19:01
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 576 Tom M Culhane 03-Jul-17 20:01
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 396 Tom M Culhane 10-Jul-17 18:15
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 582 Tom M Culhane 11-Jul-17 03:37
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 349 Tom M Culhane 23-Jul-17 19:29
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 434 M. J. Thomas 23-Jul-17 21:32
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 426 Tom M Culhane 26-Jul-17 17:30
Noah's Arc? 378 Dr. Troglodyte 26-Jul-17 21:26
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 434 Tom M Culhane 27-Jul-17 03:17
Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole/Noah's Arc? 339 Dr. Troglodyte 28-Jul-17 00:16
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole/Noah's Arc? 449 Notinham 28-Jul-17 00:43
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole/Noah's Arc? 401 Dr. Troglodyte 28-Jul-17 20:05
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 326 Tom M Culhane 28-Jul-17 13:17
Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole/Noah's Arc? - Revised 398 Dr. Troglodyte 28-Jul-17 19:55
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole/Noah's Arc? - Revised 377 carolb 28-Jul-17 22:14
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 509 Tom M Culhane 29-Jul-17 01:00
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 100 Tom M Culhane 25-Apr-20 22:30
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 86 Tom M Culhane 01-May-20 23:48
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 84 Glass Jigsaw 02-May-20 12:37
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 65 Tom M Culhane 07-May-20 03:11
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 57 Tom M Culhane 15-May-20 04:20
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 51 Tom M Culhane 22-May-20 04:42
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 72 Tom M Culhane 24-May-20 02:38
Re: Grid Orients European Cities to Great Pyramid and North Pole 104 Mike D 17-May-20 10:29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.