Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Origyptian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> However, looking through the trees at the forest,
> my biggest takeaway from that post is:
>
>
    "What the mainstream cannot refute is the
    > growing body of evidence that proves beyond a
    > shadow of a doubt civilization existed well before
    > recorded history. Gobekli Tepe does this by
    > itself..."

Note I did not use the term "advanced civilization" and in context is to mean of a level akin to what is seen at Gobekli Tepe or other megalithic qualifiers prior to the advent of recorded history c. 3500BC.

> What I like about your 2013 post is that it's open-ended -- it doesn't necessarily stop at 10k BC

It can't stop there because of the likelihood at least the GT culture existed prior to that, but by no means is this to imply an open end beyond the rise of modern humans (Cro-Magnon) c. 40,000BP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03-Mar-17 19:38 by Thanos5150.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How Did the Flood Wipe Out Higher-Elevation Settlements? 536 arbordragon 01-Mar-17 06:19
Re: How Did the Flood Wipe Out Higher-Elevation Settlements? 159 Origyptian 01-Mar-17 16:57
Re: How Did the Flood Wipe Out Higher-Elevation Settlements? 185 Thanos5150 01-Mar-17 18:53
Re: How Did the Flood Wipe Out Higher-Elevation Settlements? 109 Origyptian 01-Mar-17 22:20
Re: How Did the Flood Wipe Out Higher-Elevation Settlements? 168 Thanos5150 03-Mar-17 19:37
Re: How Did the Flood Wipe Out Higher-Elevation Settlements? 81 Juha 01-Mar-17 22:07
Re: How Did the Flood Wipe Out Higher-Elevation Settlements? 91 Thunderbird 01-Mar-17 22:27
Re: How Did the Flood Wipe Out Higher-Elevation Settlements? 108 jeffreyjoemiller 02-Mar-17 07:11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.