Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Since an article on Chaco is the top link in today's News Briefs on the home page, I thought I would go ahead and bump this thread with a link to the article:

[blogs.discovermagazine.com]

"They Chacoans were one of North America’s earliest complex societies, but archaeologists still aren’t sure why they disappeared—climate change and drought are leading theories. Apart from their mysterious disappearance, archaeologists have long sought to understand how Chacoan society was organized. "

Greg Child's in "House of Rain" makes a very compelling case that there is no mystery to their "disappearance".

Craig Childs House of Rain
[www.youtube.com]
[www.npr.org]

Likewise with Chacoan trade. Child's makes some interesting connections with a much broader and more complex society and trade system in pre-euro invasion SW America. From the comments section of the article:

I'd just like to know where they got the conch shell trumpets and abalone shells. I didn't think there were any oceans around New Mexico in the 1100's.

Hibernia86 Small_Businessman • 16 hours ago

If Europe and Asia can have the silk road, then I'm sure they could have set up something in New Mexico as well for trade.

Small_Businessman Hibernia86 • 15 hours ago

Yes, that's possible. However, the only mention of trade is with nearby populations. It would take a lot of trade to get to the ocean.
Also, the Asians at this time were much more mobile and trade oriented than the people of the U.S. southwest at the time. It just seems unusual to me to have that many conch and abalone shells hundreds of miles from the nearest salt water. They must have been worth a fortune (as was silk).

And to repeat the point I tried to make in my opening post, the "Chaco Meridian" aligns directly with Graham Hancock's ideas on a global grid system, which in this case runs from Easter Island right through all of the Chacoan major centers and on up to the Big Horn Medicine Wheel.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 959 M44 18-Feb-17 21:32
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 184 Orpheus 19-Feb-17 19:46
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 177 magisterchessmutt 24-Feb-17 23:23
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 149 M44 19-Feb-17 23:41
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 124 M44 20-Feb-17 12:43
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 108 D-Archer 20-Feb-17 13:26
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 154 M44 20-Feb-17 14:01
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 141 M44 24-Feb-17 12:33
Re: Ancient Pueblo, Chaco and Elongated Skulls 227 Orpheus 24-Feb-17 20:02
Re: Ancient Pueblo, Chaco and Elongated Skulls 104 M44 24-Feb-17 23:18
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 185 M44 06-Mar-17 00:45
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 229 M44 17-Mar-17 23:08

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.