Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
After a bit more googling, found what seems to be the mother lode of information on this possible ancient alignment from the Big Horn Medicine Wheel, Chaco, and Easter Island.

http://www.jqjacobs.net/southwest/chaco_meridian.htm

The Chaco Meridian
by James Q. Jacobs

In February of 1990, I noticed that Big Horn Medicine Wheel, Aztec Pueblo, the Pueblos of Chaco Canyon, and the Mimbres Valley are all situated on an approximate north-south line near the 108th meridian.

I informed the New Mexico State Archaeologist of the finding. This observation was an outgrowth of my rock art fieldwork and, previous to that, an interest in ancient astronomy as evidenced in architecture. In the '80s, I had first noticed a group of rock art sites with similar images on an approximate meridian. Thereafter I began studying archaeology maps and mapping unmapped archaeological sites. In 1991, I noticed that Casas Grandes, in Northern Mexico, is on the same meridian as Chaco. Four major cultural centers are concentrated on an approximate N-S line.

Meridians have been used historically to determine the scale of the earth, so I gave the sites and meridian further attention. Mt. Wilson, one of the highest peaks in the Rocky Mountains, is also on the meridian. I named the concentration the "Chaco Meridian" and noticed that the arc distance from Pueblo Bonito to Wilson Peak precisely equals 1/200th of the circumference of the earth, or 1.80 modern degrees. Likewise, of course, for the latitude difference from Wilson Peak to Pueblo Bonito and Chetro Ketl.

......Defenders of the 'ignorant primitive' paradigm counter with "coincidence" of course.

How many coincidences will it take to alter their current paradigm?

Is a legible geodetic codex written on the earth enough? Not if they know not how to read it, nor understand the astronomy involved.

Those of us who are reading it are also guarding its secrets, protecting the fragile record from the destruction of criminals stealing artifacts for profit. Therein lies another dilemma for the archaeologist. How do you communicate information that informs respect for a past culture without providing those who destroy the archaeological record with a map to pursue their madness? A wise and older archaeologist once told me, "I've gone a long ways without offering any information unless I'm asked a direct question." On that note, if you can read it yourself ....

As per the information from the Project Solstice site posted in my previous comment, it appears that a new round of drilling for oil & gas in the greater Chaco area may go a long ways towards erasing much of this ancient information.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 902 M44 18-Feb-17 21:32
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 153 Orpheus 19-Feb-17 19:46
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 153 magisterchessmutt 24-Feb-17 23:23
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 121 M44 19-Feb-17 23:41
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 99 M44 20-Feb-17 12:43
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 94 D-Archer 20-Feb-17 13:26
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 133 M44 20-Feb-17 14:01
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 120 M44 24-Feb-17 12:33
Re: Ancient Pueblo, Chaco and Elongated Skulls 173 Orpheus 24-Feb-17 20:02
Re: Ancient Pueblo, Chaco and Elongated Skulls 89 M44 24-Feb-17 23:18
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 160 M44 06-Mar-17 00:45
Re: Golden Ratio, Ancient Pueblo, Chaco Meridian 190 M44 17-Mar-17 23:08

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.