Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Audrey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Harte Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > gulsbo Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > It is strange. Osmanovitch seems trustworthy,
> > but
> > > I have still seen little clear evidence.
> >
> > Before he began carving pyramids out of hills,
> and
> > after he tired of selling sheet metal,
> Osmanagich
> > had this to say about the Maya:
> > "“The Mayan hieroglyphics tell us that their
> > ancestors came from the Pleiades… first
> arriving
> > at Atlantis where they created an advanced
> > civilization. The building of temples in the
> shape
> > of pyramids enabled the Maya to obtain more
> > energy… from the interior of the Earth,
> because
> > the pyramids were erected on energy potent
> > points… and from the cosmos, because the
> energy
> > coming from outside the Earth was maintained
> > longer and was more intense in the pyramids."
> >
> > So... "trustworthy?"
> >
> > Harte
>
> So is this how it works.... if you believe in a
> god who created earth in 6 days, and believe in a
> Jesus who was conceived without sperm walked on
> water and rose from the dead, then you are
> trustworthy? If you believe in a Muhammad from an
> extremely barbaric dark age or a Moses who built
> an ark, then you are trustworthy?
>
> But if you believe in life forms from the Pleiades
> who did not rise from the dead, did not magically
> spring from an unfertilized womb, then you are not
> trustworthy? [/quote]
Strawman.

Osmanagich is not a Mayan that believes he's from the Pleiades.

The idea that Mayans came from the Pleiades by way of Atlantis is not extant in ANY Mayan writings.
>
> So believing in anything other than the Christian
> fairy tales makes one not trustworthy?
>
> Sure, I get it.... rising from the dead is
> completely possible, traveling through space is
> not.
> Immaculate conceptions are a reality but tapping
> energy from inside our planet is not.
>
> How many archaeologists, geologists & scientists
> of various fields should we label as quacks
> because they have religious views? How many of the
> professionals who are slamming Osmanagić believe
> in a very bizarre religion with a weird god?

Osmanagich is a quack that makes up things about other people's cultures. That has nothing at all to do with anyone's religious belief about themselves, does it.

Harte

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 3307 Buildreps 30-Mar-16 09:51
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 1420 Origyptian 30-Mar-16 13:11
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 1337 OCaptain 30-Mar-16 13:35
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 1211 carolb 30-Mar-16 13:44
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 1140 Buildreps 30-Mar-16 14:23
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 937 OCaptain 30-Mar-16 14:27
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 1063 Origyptian 30-Mar-16 14:37
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 933 Buildreps 30-Mar-16 20:23
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 929 Origyptian 30-Mar-16 20:49
Re: HERE IS EVIDENCE Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 1080 Luminescence 01-Apr-16 01:56
Re: HERE IS EVIDENCE Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 775 D-Archer 01-Apr-16 14:53
Re: HERE IS EVIDENCE Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 848 Merrell 01-Apr-16 15:04
Re: HERE IS EVIDENCE Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 783 D-Archer 03-Apr-16 10:33
Re: HERE IS EVIDENCE Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 781 Origyptian 01-Apr-16 15:41
Re: HERE IS EVIDENCE Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 743 Audrey 01-Apr-16 23:30
Re: Ancient Runic script 766 Thunderbird 02-Apr-16 01:28
Re: Ancient Runic script 746 Merrell 02-Apr-16 11:45
Re: Ancient Runic script 736 Thunderbird 02-Apr-16 20:13
Church tried to erase it and failed 649 Ratcho 03-Apr-16 06:51
Re: Father Crespi 645 Thunderbird 03-Apr-16 17:44
Re: Ancient Runic script 660 Merrell 03-Apr-16 10:36
Re: Ancient Runic...Comparison between sign systems 631 Thunderbird 03-Apr-16 00:36
Re: Ancient Runic...Comparison between sign systems 617 Audrey 03-Apr-16 03:23
Re: Ancient Runic...Comparison between sign systems 611 Thunderbird 03-Apr-16 04:06
Re: Ancient Runic...Comparison between sign systems 589 D-Archer 03-Apr-16 10:42
Re: ROVAS - 30 years 589 Thunderbird 03-Apr-16 16:26
Re: HERE IS EVIDENCE Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 622 D-Archer 03-Apr-16 10:34
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 579 D-Archer 31-Mar-16 09:35
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 689 gulsbo 30-Mar-16 21:27
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 662 Merrell 30-Mar-16 21:37
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 702 Yourconscience 01-Apr-16 00:27
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 728 Merrell 01-Apr-16 08:27
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 614 Audrey 01-Apr-16 17:09
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 736 Merrell 02-Apr-16 09:54
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 613 Thanos5150 02-Apr-16 15:39
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 634 Audrey 02-Apr-16 17:34
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 647 Merrell 03-Apr-16 22:04
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 589 Audrey 04-Apr-16 00:57
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 609 Origyptian 04-Apr-16 01:59
A volunteer archaeologist's view of the Bosnian "pyramids" 493 Merrell 08-Apr-16 12:05
Re: A volunteer archaeologist's view of the Bosnian "pyramids" 696 carolb 08-Apr-16 12:23
Re: A volunteer archaeologist's view of the Bosnian "pyramids" 629 Merrell 08-Apr-16 16:37
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 654 Harte 31-Mar-16 10:04
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 705 D-Archer 31-Mar-16 10:30
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 684 Audrey 31-Mar-16 23:46
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 635 Merrell 01-Apr-16 12:29
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 596 Audrey 01-Apr-16 16:53
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 599 Merrell 02-Apr-16 09:53
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 621 Audrey 02-Apr-16 17:27
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 609 Merrell 02-Apr-16 20:09
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 598 Audrey 03-Apr-16 03:29
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 621 D-Archer 03-Apr-16 10:48
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 678 Origyptian 03-Apr-16 14:48
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 529 Merrell 03-Apr-16 15:30
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 580 Origyptian 03-Apr-16 16:19
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 703 Thanos5150 03-Apr-16 16:27
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 607 Merrell 03-Apr-16 16:44
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 616 Origyptian 03-Apr-16 17:15
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 667 Merrell 03-Apr-16 19:53
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 608 D-Archer 03-Apr-16 20:51
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 558 Martin Stower 04-Apr-16 01:44
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 587 Origyptian 03-Apr-16 22:42
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 573 Martin Stower 04-Apr-16 02:03
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 607 Origyptian 04-Apr-16 02:09
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 573 Martin Stower 04-Apr-16 02:40
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 702 gulsbo 11-Apr-16 14:31
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 647 Audrey 03-Apr-16 18:37
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 640 Martin Stower 04-Apr-16 01:27
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 516 Martin Stower 04-Apr-16 02:24
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 611 Audrey 04-Apr-16 04:42
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 626 D-Archer 01-Apr-16 14:55
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 614 Buildreps 01-Apr-16 16:30
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 594 Harte 01-Apr-16 23:48
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 569 Audrey 02-Apr-16 00:15
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 634 Audrey 02-Apr-16 02:36
Powerful stuff in that vid Audrey 552 Ratcho 02-Apr-16 06:23
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 540 Merrell 02-Apr-16 10:02
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 553 Merrell 02-Apr-16 10:48
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 633 Harte 02-Apr-16 13:07
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 617 Audrey 03-Apr-16 04:14
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 572 Harte 03-Apr-16 15:56
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 585 Audrey 04-Apr-16 01:16
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 618 carolb 02-Apr-16 12:17
Visočica Flatiron 595 Dr. Troglodyte 02-Apr-16 22:36
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 693 D-Archer 31-Mar-16 09:28
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 851 Buildreps 07-Apr-16 15:29
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 652 carolb 07-Apr-16 16:07
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 573 Brian Patterson 07-Apr-16 16:40
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 461 carolb 07-Apr-16 17:36
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 604 D-Archer 08-Apr-16 09:43
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 699 Harte 08-Apr-16 09:55
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 627 D-Archer 08-Apr-16 10:00
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 652 carolb 08-Apr-16 11:56
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 636 D-Archer 08-Apr-16 14:31
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 661 carolb 08-Apr-16 15:25
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 735 Buildreps 08-Apr-16 14:02
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 1081 carolb 08-Apr-16 17:42
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 680 Richard Fusniak 08-Apr-16 21:41
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 595 UninterestedObserver 18-Apr-17 21:56
Re: Why Does GH Denies the Bosnian Pyramids? 408 Albert Mag 10-Jan-18 07:52


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.